Hungary Szolnok County Region
The Szicsek Pálinka Distillery is one of the oldest commercial distilleries in Hungary. The company specializes in producing premium-quality small pot (kisüsti) pálinka. Founded by Mr. János Szicsek, a master distiller with over 30 years of experience of making pálinka by the traditional method. His first production was located in a smaller distillery in Cserkeszőlő, a small town just 9 miles away from Tiszaföldvár, where Szicsek Distillery is currently located.
Since 2003 the Szicsek family also owns and operates House of Hungarian Pálinka in Budapest. This is an exclusive downtown pálinka boutique that offers wide range of pálinkas from most of the commercial distilleries of Hungary. Szicsek also organizes pálinka presentations and tastings at their main production location. The distillery was awarded the Pálinka of the Year Prize for their Premium Pear Pálinka in 2008 and the Distillery of the Year Prize in 2009.
- Bronze Medal 2014 National Competition of Forest and Wild Fruit Pálinka
- Silver Medal 2014 Pannon Pálinka and Distillate Competition
- Bronze Medal 2012 Regional Palóc Pálinka and Distillate Competition
- Silver Medal 2012 HunDeszt Pálinka Competition
- Silver Medal 2011 HunDeszt Pálinka Competition